About the role
Mater Rockhampton is currently seeking an experienced qualified Accountant to join their team in a permanent, full-time capacity.
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. You will be working in our heritage-listed Kenmore building, which was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Hospital in Central Queensland. Today, our 136-bed facility features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
Salary: $48.87 - $53.18 per hour (Mater Corporate and Admin Services Level 5) + Superannuation + generous salary packaging of up to $15900 per annum.
What you’ll be doing
This role applies financial expertise through a range of specialist financial advice and services to support Mater’s strategic and operational goals including activities such as planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and financial performance monitoring with emphasis on supporting other managers within the organisation in understanding and fulfilling their financial responsibilities.
As a key member of the Financial Services Team, the Accountant supports the development and implementation of plans, policies, frameworks and processes to improve financial capability and respond to complex financial management issues, trends and opportunities.
Collaborate with the management team, nurse unit managers and department managers to provide effective fiscal management and continuous improvements with a focus on patient centred care and integrity.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Qualified Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, e.g. month end result such as revenue, costs, margin and cash flow.
- Demonstrated experience leading within an interdisciplinary environment and empowering staff through the application of values based and transparent management practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise projects and meet regular deadlines
- Well-developed data analysis skills
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
Applications close on Wednesday the 29th of November 2023. Please note, we will contact applications prior to the closing date, please do not hesitate to APPLY NOW!
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.