- Mackay Based Role
- Relocation packages and short-term housing available*
- **This role would suit an accountant who wants to be a business manager**
This is an excellent opportunity to join Australia’s second largest sugar milling company and largest local, green energy provider!
About the role:
This newly created role is broad and diverse, incorporating budgeting and forecasting, month end preparation, analysis functions and business partnering. The main purpose of this role is to be the commercial business partner, to a core level of management. With a focus on value creation through advising, challenging the ‘status quo’; processes, and at times directing the managers to the best commercial outcomes for the business, the role will require the incumbent to be able to critically analyse relevant information, question assumptions and ultimately provide advice based on facts.
In order to achieve these key accountabilities, the Management Accountant needs to be familiar with all aspects of our operations, from farming, logistics, production, and marketing of our products.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Controller – Forecast, Planning and Analysis, you will be a valued contributor to the team and the broader business. While making impactful financial recommendations to support and influence the decision making, you will:
- provide expert financial advice and analysis to assist the business in achieving strategic objectives
- partner with business leaders to provide financial guidance, including business improvement initiatives
- develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams to gather data and understand business requirements
- plan, co-ordinate and deliver financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- ensure appropriate financial systems, processes and controls are in place to yield high-quality decision support information
You will be comfortable challenging the status quo and working with stakeholders to identify and implement change whilst maintaining a view of the big picture.
- CPA or Equivalent
- Proactive change agent
- Strong excel skills are essential with experience in SAP FICO/MM being advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in financial process improvements
- Commercially astute with the ability to support the commercial team
- Valued team member with an ability to collaborate
Mackay Sugar Benefits
- Home Every Night / Permanent, Full-Time Employment
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave
- Training and Development opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set
- Access to a suite of employee benefits
- Relocation packages and short-term housing available as part of recruitment processes**
About Mackay Sugar
Located in tropical North Queensland where a unique lifestyle can be blended with a progressive business, Mackay is home to Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, Mackay Sugar. With more than 140 years’ experience in raw sugar production and employing up to 800 people seasonally, Mackay Sugar is an iconic Australian brand that contributes significantly to our economy and community.
A member of the Nordzucker Group since 2019, Mackay Sugar is undergoing an exciting period of change and growth. Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and brings a network of global ideas, innovation, and opportunities to Mackay Sugar.
Mackay Sugar is an Equal Opportunity Employer