Concentis is partnering with Gladstone Port Corporation to source an experienced Accountant to coordinate, prepare, and monitor financial cost and financial asset management functions across all business operations.
Reporting to the Finance Superintendent, you will support the compliance and integrity of financial data and reports across a diverse range of responsibilities within financial & transaction accounting, investment analysis, and tax compliance.
This is a Monday to Friday permanent full-time role that requires the individual to live in Gladstone or the surrounding area.
- Maintain GPC’s financial systems and processes to ensure their effectiveness and accuracy in supporting management decision-making
- Provide accurate and timely outputs required by the finance department to support management decision-making, including preparing monthly ledger reconciliations, reports, journals, and annual notes to the financial statements
- Document all financial transactions within the organisation, including income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity changes
- Generate financial statements such as the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Maintain the Corporate Fixed Assets register in conjunction with Book and Tax depreciation schedules
- Coordinate the annual capital approval budget process, monitoring actual performance against budgeted figures
- Monitor, analyse, and report on GPC's internal costs of capital expenditure programs
- Analyse variances between budgeted and actual performance to pinpoint areas for improvement
- Provide information to external organisations and Government Departments to fulfil GPC's statutory requirements
- Monitor and manage the organisation's cash balances to ensure liquidity for financial obligations and optimal fund utilisation
Why this role?
- Bachelors in business, accounting, or commerce is required
- A qualified Accountant who holds either a CA or CPA
- Demonstrated experience in accounting with a wide breadth of knowledge across different functions including financial accounting, investment, transactions, and taxation
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in taxation are seen as highly beneficial
- Proven ability to identify trends or improvement areas within financial data reporting and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise various tasks and workloads
- A team player with a passion for accounting
- Join a company that is committed to investing in employee professional growth, having ongoing access to training and development opportunities
- A dynamic environment – be exposed to a wide variety of functions to utilise and demonstrate your skills in accountancy, finance analysis, and problem-solving
- Fulltime permanent position with extra employee benefits, competitive salary and salaried days off offered
- Be a part of a collaborative, supportive and high-performing team of professionals
If you’re a driven individual who is looking to join a supportive team that put emphasis on growth, then please submit your resume in Word Format and we will contact you once shortlisting begins.
Please note that applications will close at 5 pm on Tuesday 5th of December 2023
Wanting to learn more?
Please reach out to me on email@example.com
or 0422 126 112
for a confidential conversation.