Painter/Decorator – Moranbah
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued and accommodated. Now is the time to join this team!
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Painter/Decorator to join our Engineering and Infrastructure Directorate based in Moranbah. Located approximately 200km inland from Mackay, Moranbah is a small mining community that has a strong community focus, and prides itself in its rich history and various recreational activities. Local families deeply value the town as a great place to raise children in a safe and secure environment; one that people from all walks of life flock to.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Trades Services, Painter/Decorator position is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and construction of Council assets. This assistance will be supplied as part of this position through providing painting and maintenance services to Council assets, providing a high level of customer service and assisting with condition assessments, report findings and delivering maintenance programs.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
If you are successful in this position, we will give you:
- Trade qualifications and demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- General induction card
- C Class Open Australian Drivers Licence
- Attractive remuneration package, including exclusive benefits such as housing and vehicle!
- Nominally 76 hours per fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading
- Up to 13% super in accordance with IRC’s Certified Agreement
- RDO’s in accordance with IRC’s Certified Agreement
- Discounted Health Cover with competitive extras and coverage benefits is available through multiple providers
- Access to free sessions with Gryphon Psychology in accordance with our Employee Assistance Program
- Amazing opportunities to further your intended career path by way of succession planning, career development opportunities (e.g., upskilling through education), and much more!
For more details on this exciting position, please contact Gordon Robertson – Manager Corporate Properties and Fleet during business hours on 0438 932 255
or email Gordon.Robertson@isaac.qld.gov.au
To apply, please click ‘Apply Here’ and follow the steps to submit your application. Please provide sufficient information (noting the Key Competencies on the Position Description), demonstrating why you are the right person for this opportunity, along with your resume and cover letter.
Link to position description: https://www.isaac.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/5558/position-description-painter-decorator-57-511-00-
Applications Close: Sunday 16 October 2022
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.