At Energy Queensland our people are critical to our success.
We are focused on developing our people to ensure they have the skills and capabilities to strive and thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment.
As a group of companies, we’re working together, towards an Electric Life by 2030.
Our innovation journey continues as we plan for the electrification of everything and enable the integration of renewable energy solutions towards net zero. We’re working closely, as trusted partners, with our customer and stakeholders.
We are Australia’s largest 100% Government Owned Corporation with 7,679 employees.
The Work Group
Our Finance division has multiple permanent opportunities for Equipment Test Technical Officers to be located in Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Maryborough and Toowoomba. The Equipment test team is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of routine field and depot-based testing, inspection, calibration and repair activities of field operational and safety tools and equipment eg insulating tools, height safety equipment, test instruments, insulating gloves, EWP’s, portable electrical equipment etc.
As an Equipment Test Technical Officer you will work under general supervision delivering to internal and external customers safe and fit for purpose tools and equipment. You will achieve this through the routine testing, inspection, calibration, operation and repair of this equipment. Opportunities to lead a small group and become an SME.
You will be required to:
• Be trade qualified with a Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic Licence;
• Hold a MR class Driver’s Licence or ability to attain;
• Have demonstrated knowledge or the ability to gain knowledge, of the testing, inspection and calibration of a wide range of tools and equipment eg height safety, lifting equipment, EWP, insulating tools and covers, portable electrical equipment, operating equipment, voltage detectors and instruments.
• Have detailed knowledge of relevant standards and application of tools, plant and equipment used with in the Electricity Supply Industry;
Extensive regional and possible state-wide travel will be required.
Locations: Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Mackay, Maryborough and Toowoomba
Applicants are required to compete a pre-employment medical prior to commencing employment with Energy Queensland.
We’re interested in hearing from you if you:
• Have a passion for delivering initiates to support customer experience;
• Are dedicated to renewable energy;
• Hold a Trade qualified with a Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic License ;
• Enjoy the variety that comes with regional and state travel on the day to day
• Working knowledge of Electricity Act & Regulations, Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and other relevant statutory acts & regulations.
At EQL our employees experience:
• Competitive remuneration rates and a chance to shine. Be part of a passionate and strong team of professionals dedicated to Queensland’s energy transformation. We offer competitive remuneration rates and there are a range of exciting roles in skill areas right across Energy Queensland with opportunities for transition.
• Opportunities for skills advancement. You will have access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
• Flexibility and Balance. There are a range of flexible part-time and full-time options available and gender neutral and paid parental leave (14 weeks)
• A chance to give back. We offer paid employee volunteering program providing opportunities for our employees to support communities right across QLD.
• Support and guidance. Our employees have access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
• Safety. The safety of our people, customers and communities is a core priority.
• Reward and recognition. We have a well-established internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
• Diversity and Inclusion. Chaired by our CEO and a number of working parties all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business. commitment to diversity and inclusion across our workplaces.
Remuneration starting from $93,712 per annum + superannuation + Allowances. The level of payment will be subject to an assessment of the successful applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies that are required in this position. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Energy Queensland Union Collective Agreement 2020.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Begin button below. Your application should include a current resume, and a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.?